Sunday, July 20, 2014

Animation Mentor challenge

Recently, Animation Mentor had a contest regarding the World Cup 2014. So I thought I'd give it a go. So many awesome entries, it's intimidating but at the same time motivating (like kick in the butt) to look at!


On to news now. I'm in Athens, working for a small animation and vfx studio called Yafka (I can feel the greek people reading this, looking suspicious, because it's a strange name for Greece), doing 3d animation and rigging in 3Ds Max. That was a steep road to take, since I hadn't worked in the program before, plus hadn't done much rigging. But challenge accepted, so I've learned a lot this past month, about rigging and the program as a whole. The studio is involved in very cool projects, for History Channel for example. You can read an old article in CGSociety, here:

http://www.cgsociety.org/index.php/CGSFeatures/CGSFeatureSpecial/yafka_studio

Hope everybody is having a great summer out there!!

Cheers,
Dio

No comments: